There are two things my kids love the most – chocolates and bananas. I’ve been baking them my moist banana cake but since they wanted something a bit different, I made banana chocolate chip muffins instead last weekend.
Sharing with you fellow newbie (in the kitchen) moms this easy banana chocolate chip recipe.
- 4 medium, very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners (if you’ll be using them).
- Whisk together your dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda) in a large bowl.
- Then, whisk your wet ingredients (mashed bananas, milk, butter, egg and vanilla) in another bowl.
- Add the banana mixture to your dry ingredients mixture. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups up to 3/4 full and add chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake up to 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
These banana chocolate chip muffins are easy to make, even the kids can help. You can make a weekend bonding activity out of it, especially this summer vacation.
What I like most about it is that I whip it easily using ingredients I already have in the pantry.
MOMMY KACH TIPS!
- I found Cavendish (or green bananas) the best for making cakes and muffins
- The riper the bananas, the better mommies. I personally pick the ones with brown or black speckles. A lot cheaper too!
- You can blend or use a food processor to mash your bananas but the trusty fork does the work just fine too
The kids and I had a blast making and eating these. Hope you can try it too and let me know how it goes!
Moms, do you have any easy recipes you can share with me to try? Please comment and I’ll be happy to try them out myself.