In one of the mommy groups I’m in, they said that Sunday is special ulam day.
I have shifting schedules so Sundays in our family is whatever day I’m on off. Hubby is the one who cooks in the family but I make it a point to cook for them at least once a week. The kids look forward din to my weekly cooking and would most of the time, make requests.
My kids love pasta and this weekend they wanted carbonara. I made it one better by making it healthier than the usual ham and bacon combination.
Creamy Unipak Mackerel Carbonara
- Onion and garlic, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 1 cup milk
- mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 k pasta
- 450 g pasta (I used fusilli)
- 1 big can Unipak Mackerel, drained
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Make
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta al dente.
- Heat oil in pan and saute chopped onion and garlic.
- Add drained mushroom.
- Pour in all purpose cream and milk, letting it simmer.
- Add in drained mackerel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mixed in cooked pasta and top with parmesan cheese.
Served this to the fam for merienda earlier and they loved it! It’s a nice variation to our usual carbonara dish.
As I always say, “hindi basta nakasanayan the best na yan!” Another plus, it’s healthier because of the mackerel. Winner for choosy moms like me. And no other mackerel brand will do, I go for one that’s a staple in our pantry. Kaya basta Mackarel dapat tatak Unipak.
And because sharing is caring, I’ll be having another Pak na Pak giveaway so you can try this for your family’s next Sunday special dish.
Like last time, one lucky reader will win a Unipak gift pack just by following these simple steps:
- Like Mommy Kach Facebook page.
- Like Uni-pak Mackerel Facebook page.
- Share this post in Facebook with the hastags: #tatakunipak #paknapak #unipak #PaknaPaksaUnipakXMommyKach Giveaway (Should be set to public)
- Comment down below your Facebook name and email address.
Pretty easy, right? Giveaway will run until March 20, 2018.Winner will be chosen via random.org and will be contacted via FB message/email.
P.S. Open to Philippines residents only.
Good luck momshies! Happy Cooking!