If you’ve been following me on FB (@MommyKachBlog) or IG (@mommykach), I’d like to apologize for flooding your feeds with my kid’s #baonfortoday lately. Yes, medyo kinakareer ko sya 😀
I’ve been receiving positive feedback and messages from fellow moms asking what bento baon they can start making for their kids as well as where I get my bento tools.
I’m making a mental note to make a list of online shops where I order my tools from but for now, let me share with you the latest baon recipe I tried.
Uni-Pak Mackerel Bread Rolls
- 1 Can of 425g Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural Oil, drained and flaked
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 pack bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 1 box of cheese, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make:
- Add minced onion, garlic, pepper, salt and mayonnaise to the flaked mackerel.
- Flatten the bread slices using a rolling pin and spread the flaked mackerel on top.
- Add sliced cheese to each slice of bread, and roll them up.
- Dip the rolled-up bread in the beaten eggs, making sure each one is fully coated.
- Coat each roll in bread crumbs and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Deep-fry until golden brown.
I liked that this simple bread roll recipe uses mackerel instead of ham, the kids get to enjoy it without noticing it’s fish. Sneaky, right? It’s easy to make, delicious and healthy since I used Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural Oil.
WHY UNI-PAK MACKEREL?
Mackerel health benefits are mostly associated with its omega-3 fats (which is good fat!) that can help prevent heart diseases, control blood pressure levels and lower risks of diabetes.
We only want the best for our family and since Uni-Pak Mackerel is made of high-quality fish —– we have the peace of mind that we’re serving only the best to our kids. Hindi basta nakasanayan, the best na yan!
To be honest, it’s a staple in our weekly grocery list. I like that it has an easy to open can lid, very convenient and no need to hassle yourself with an opener. Specially when you’re running behind schedule and need to make baon ASAP. It’s also not malansa, a plus since I have a very picky eater. Kaya basta Mackerel, dapat tatak Unipak!
Since I wanted to share with you the joy of baon making and for you to try your own delicious #TatakUnipak recipes, I’ll be giving one lucky reader a Unipak gift pack! Bongga!
Giveaway will end on July 31st, open to Philippines resident only. Just follow these simple steps to join.
- Like Uni-Pak Mackerel Facebook Page.
- Like MommyKachBlog Facebook Page.
- Follow @mommykach on Instagram.
- Share this blog post or this link http://bit.ly/2gSBhzl on Facebook (should be set to PUBLIC) and use the hashtags: #tatakunipak, #paknapak and #unipak. Tag @MommyKachBlog and @unipakmackerel.
- Comment down below/or on our Facebook post your name and email address.
Winners will be announced on August 1st and will be contacted through FB message/email. Good luck!